(A Day) Through My Phone: Anekdot
By now it seems quite natural to capture small slices of our everyday lives in pictures – it’s almost automatic. We took the occasion of MBFW Berlin as an excuse to ask some designers to make a point of it – and, of course, to share some exclusive insights into their daily work routine. One of those designers is Sofie Andersson from Anekdot.
1. Starting the day by editing product photos of our new Earth sets. Earth items are classic, figure-hugging lingerie that stay in the collection from season to season. We’ve been making the sets since 2019 with geometrical lace that is now out of stock and there are only a few items left. So, we are now making it again in another lace – but the same high quality recycled materials from Italy. I need to update the images on the website in the next few days.
2. Sampling a new lingerie set that will be launched this spring. This fabric is just so beautiful – a super light silk/wool mix sourced from surplus stock in Italy. Perfect for any season.
3. Writing spec sheets for sampling with a new production partner that we’ve just gotten in touch with. We want to find another production partner as we are always running low on stock.
4. Looking through the collection and deciding on the outfits for the dance performance that will round up our event on Thursday.
5. Fitting with the dancer and trying out the light situation in the room where she will dance.
6. Finishing the day with a yoga flow sequence. I do some kind of yoga/meditation practice every day, ranging from vinyasa to singing and dancing around freely, depending on the amount of time I have. So grounding and liberating.
Anekdot is a part of the STATIC EXHIBITION in FASHION OPEN STUDIO × MBFW. Find out more about Anekdot in the livestream on January 20th at 12:30 PM. There will be a live in-conversation with Sofie Andersson on instagram of @fashionopenstudio after the video stream.