(A Day) Through My Phone: ODEEH
By now it seems quite natural to capture small slices of our everyday lives in pictures – it’s almost automatic. We took the occasion of MBFW Berlin as an excuse to ask some designers to make a point of it – and, of course, to share some exclusive insights into their daily work routine. Two of those designers are Otto Drögsler and Jörg Ehrlich from ODEEH.
1. Sketching and finalizing the last styles for the fall collection. Dresses are the focus again – we always love the idea of dresses in bold and unique prints. This season we’re especially inspired by the look of diamond shapes. In surreal colorways.
2. A still life of different yarn roles: “Beauty and poetry lies in every detail; you just have to see it.“
3. Here is an example of one of our favorite prints, which we will also show during Der Berliner Salon. As always: It’s printed in Northern Italy, in the region around Lake Como. This season it was a bit less than usual, but we normally visit the mills there around 3 to 4 weeks per season. It’s important to stay in a close contact with our partners there. Fabrics are always the start of everything we do.
4. ODEEH is about encouraging women to try to be a bit louder, bolder. It’s about being curious. We absolutely love this look. A technical fabric, printed with diamond shapes in a strong blood red. Straight shoulders, a big collar and a slimmer pant are important for this attitude.
5. Tonal looks in solid fabrics is the other side of ODEEH. This season more than ever, the fall collection is playing it tonal. Full looks just in one fabric, as you can see here – in a wool Bouclé from head to toe.
6. Scarves, hats – everything that surrounds the other aspects of dressing are more important than ever. Accessorizing makes the difference. And, in the end, gives the spice to finalize the look.
7. Lookbook shoot in our atelier: Everything that we develop, design and produce comes together on this important day. Alongside our stylist, photographer, art director and Tobias – our creative manager in the team – collective decisions are made in order to get the best results for a new season. We shoot approximately 22 looks per season. These define the message of a new chapter, a new season. And, at the same time, a continuation of what we have done so far.
ODEEH will show select pieces from their latest collection at GROUP EXHIBITION in DER BERLINER SALON × MBFW.
Find out more about ODEEH: