(A Day) Through My Phone: PB 0110
By now it seems quite natural to capture small slices of our everyday lives in pictures – it’s almost automatic. We took the occasion of MBFW Berlin as an excuse to ask some designers to make a point of it – and, of course, to share some exclusive insights into their daily work routine. One of those designers is Philipp Bree from PB 0110.
1. I start almost every day with a bike ride through nature, about 30 min. During this ride I sort through my thoughts, take a breath and always discover something new – an infinitely important part of my workday.
2. Part of my collection concept is inviting in different designers whose work I appreciate. It’s not a short term marketing idea – I have been working with designer and artist Ayzit Bostan for 8 years. I admire her gift of sensitive interventions. For the new collection, I asked her to design an interpretation of a Japanese sacoche bag. This bag is called AB 112, a combination of the initials of the designer and a number.
3. A sacoche bag is characterized by the fact that it is very light, worn close to the body and has space for your most important personal items.
4. We created the bag in a vegetable-tanned leather from a Belgian tannery that has been involved in sustainable tanning for more than 170 years and has been awarded with the Gold Standard of the Leather Working Group.
5. The challenge in implementing the design was to find the right thickness of material, so that the zipper flow runs smoothly while keeping the bag as light as possible.
6. It is made in a great factory in Germany and will already be available in three weeks. This is new for us – there are normally 4 months between presentation and launch. It is a good time to rethink. The model will be presented for the first time at DER BERLINER SALON x MBFW. We will start showing our completely new AW 21collection on the 4th of February. Please be in touch here: email@example.com
PB 01110 shows select pieces from the latest collection at GROUP EXHIBITION in DER BERLINER SALON × MBFW.
Find out more about PB 0110: